I honestly didn’t mean to take such a long break. I’ve just had a really off week and haven’t felt like getting a whole lot done. Luckily, I’m feeling much more like myself now.
If you haven’t heard, the Olympics are coming!!! That means a whole lot of knitting for me. I’m organizing the festivities for our lys, so I’m really excited about the whole thing. I think it’ll be a lot of fun. I haven’t decided what I’ll knit yet, but it will definitely be something challenging!
In the next few weeks before the Olympics, I’d like to tie up some loose ends so that I’m in tip-top shape to focus on a single project. I think it’s a good deadline to set goals so that I have a specific date to finish by and it will put me in good shape for both the Olympics and the upcoming academic year. I’m not going to get too worked up if I don’t accomplish everything–it is a pretty big list–but it would feel really good to get rid of some projects that are bogging me down.
1. Finish UFOs: complete all of my WIPs besides the Great American Afghan–that’s a long term stashbusting project
Lil” Beast Hoodie: knit hood, embroider
Sandy Tote: finish side, ends, handles
Molly’s Bridesmaid Gift: finish knitting!
Dale of Norway Cardigan: sew underarms, steek, knit neckband, install zipper
DH’s Adult Tomten: reknit hood, knit sleeves, attach buttons
Autumn Retro Rib Socks: knit foot 1, knit sock 2
Lindsay’s Hat: finish knitting!
Snuggle: finish crocheting!
Reynolds Toggle Cardigan: knit last piece, seam, finishing
Bolsa de Mechero bag: strap
Belt: finish knitting, fringe
Grandma’s Bag: attach handles, sew lining, install zipper
**sorry, ravelry decided to take forever loading so I don’t have links for everything**
2. Final Finishing Work: block, felt, finish, send to recipients. Get projects completely finished and off to where they belong instead of letting them sit around my apartment.
3. Clean up the apartment: We’ve been neglecting the cleaning lately, so I’d like to work on things one room at a time and concentrate on my flylady routines.
4. Write thank-you notes to all of the wonderful friends and family that were at our wedding
5. Keep reading: I’ve joined a book group and I want to be sure to keep up with our next selection as well as keep reading like I have been lately. It feels really good to be reading whatever I’d like rather than letting my classes dictate my book list.
So there we are. Of course, my obvious goal is to keep blogging as I’m working to accomplish these goals. I’ll keep you updated and will hopefully have some great photos tomorrow.