I’ve still got a project or two on my summer crafting list, but with beginning of semester meetings this week and classes starting on Monday, I’m definitely in a fall state of mind. You know I’m all about sewing and knitting with a plan lately, so my fall crafting schedule is looking pretty full already.
Incidentally, many of the items on my list fall under the “Fall Essentials Sew-Along” over at The Creative Perfectionist. Sew-alongs are always such great motivation to get my projects out of the UFO pile or stash and into my closet! Here’s what’s on the docket this fall:
- Several garments that feel like fall, including finishing my Emelie sweater (if I can find some buttons that look right–no luck so far), a plaid circle skirt, and a houndstooth blazer that I’m hoping will still fit despite cutting it out years ago.
- A cocktail dress that I started for a gallery opening and hope to wear to a wedding this fall. I may also knit a shrug or shawl to cover my shoulders since it’s strapless.
- At least one more of Sweetie’s shirts. Sure, I still haven’t finished the first one, but I’m going to keep that on the “summer” list since I plan to finish it within the next two weeks or so.
- Some dressier winter items, including my Lady Grey coat and a pair of cabled mittens.
- Two Dale of Norway sweaters: one for Mom, and one for me (a long-time UFO that’s nearly finished).
- A few UFOs, including some baby items and giftie things to tuck away.
- In the not-fully-planned-but-still-want-to-make department, a Halloween costume, something new to wear dancing at PittStop Lindy Hop, a gift for a friend’s baby, and an item or two for my everyday teaching/studying/writing lifestyle.
Yet another long list to accompany what promises to be a busy semester, but this list–and the detailed schedule I’ve laid out because I’m ridiculous like that–will help me keep my creativity (read: sanity) going amidst a whole lot of studying for comps.