I have some pretty lofty crafting goals for the month of November, and they include two sweaters, both of which I’ve been chipping away at over the past couple of weeks.
My shop sample of Manu is coming along nicely, as it’s been my primary project to work on while teaching classes at the shop. I’ve finished the body up to the underarms, one sleeve, and have made good progress on the second sleeve.
It certainly helps that I’ve decided to go with 3/4 sleeves. I almost always push up my sleeves, and I’ve noticed that I reach for the 3/4 sleeve cardigans in my closet. I don’t think that long sleeves on Manu would work pushed up, so it made sense to work them a shorter length.
I’ve also been working my way through the back of Eadon, which is entirely ribbing. I really hope that my gauge works out on this one. I think that I could have been more accurate if the stockinette gauge had also been provided, as I wasn’t sure how my gauge in ribbing should be sitting: should it be completely relaxed, or should it be pulled open a bit? In the end, I just went with what looked pleasing to me, and I’ll block out the difference if necessary.
This is the first time I’ve used a full out pattern with Goodreader on my iPad, and I’m really enjoying it. I love that I can fully annotate and color code the pattern and can zoom in on whatever part I’m working on at the time. My iPad is also attached to my hip most days, so I never have to go hunting for the pattern.
Since I began Eadon in November, it’s my NaKniSweMo sweater. I haven’t been very active in the Ravelry group yet, but hopefully I’ll get a chance to poke my head in.
Lots of mindless knitting right now, which is exactly what my brain needs. I’ve hardly had a spare moment to myself this past week, so when I do have a chance to knit, I don’t want to have to think too hard about it. The lace can wait until the semester break!